Saturday, July 11, 2009

Blog 26: Happy Friday!

Happy Friday! Friday is a day most of us look forward to and which takes us into the weekend.

Earlier this week, Glizza and I drove around town returning the things we borrowed for the picnic. The last few days we have been quietly resting and enjoying the time spent at home. We even took a rest day from aqua therapy, but did not give up on swim day. Malia and Spike have spent a couple of nights at our house. Having a baby around brings happiness and joy. There also appears to be a special energy surrounding those little perfect bodies. Thank you Spike for spending time with Nana.

As usual, swim day was energizing to the body and soul. Ocean water is so invigorating! Punkin, Elaine, Rene, Natalie, Kathy Q, Glizza, Malia, Spike and I had a great time soaking and floating
around in the crystal blue water. Everyone helps to keep me afloat as I exercise my arms and legs. This is the time, we all caught up on what's happening in each others life. We're all chatty Cathy! FUN! Today Spike was the center of attention as he smiled and kicked his legs. We girls all cooed and encouraged him on.


Today I met with my physiatrist for my monthly appointment. I am slightly weaker. The concern is when will I be ready to put the g-tube in. All of my physicians are ready for me to have this procedure done. The one thing that stops me is that I will not be able to go swimming. That makes me sad. On another note, I will be evaluated for head control for my power chair. That means I will be able to drive my power chair myself using my head.

Good luck to Punkin this weekend as she swims the North Shore swim series #2 at Waimea Bay.

Thank you to all. Remember to find something beautiful in your life that makes you smile.

Good night Bella. Good night Spike. Nana loves you!

God bless you all.

Aloha,
Vi

PS: I wrote this whole blog using my head mouse and one key at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Aloha Miss Vi,
    Your posts are really a ball of fun and have missed the camaraderie with all. Keith, my Orlando nephew, has had a ball I hope and we have gone everywhere for the last 10 days-- I forgot how much fun the Stadium Flea Market was and the terror of the Aiea Heights Trail! And at this moment we are working on algebra to help with his CC placement in math :-)Kathy placed 2nd in todays NShore swim; Stote was 5th; saw Bill come in but didn't see how Punkin did. Saw Monte, Wendy, Eric there. Keith watched us from atop the rock. Hope to see you soon... peg and stote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vi, You rock! Typing the entire blog one key at a time! Love you! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vi,

    How wonderful your BBQ was blast you looked like you had heaps of fun, wish we could have been there but we are working towards seeing you in Sept,cant wait i also cant wait to get my hands on Spike he looks so cuddly.I love reading all your blogs and seeing your photos. Bless you heaps Lynnne

    ReplyDelete