Monday, July 20, 2009

Blog 29!

WOW! It's been a long time since we last blogged. A lot has happened in the past few days. Today is Monday and here we are sitting in the living room with Lisa, who is one of the caregivers replacing Glizza, Malia and Spike, and Joyce, who is typing this blog as I speak. As we sit here, Glizza is on a plane flying to Bali. Hope you're having a great flight Glizza and just to let you know we're thinking of you. I know you're reading this blog because you're missing us. The best news is I saw my pulmonologist on Friday and my breathing vital capacity was up to where it was in April. It must have been the use of the AVAP or it could have been that the nurse pinched my mouth shut while doing the pulmonary test.
Last Thursday there was a jellyfish warning. Therefore we had no swim day but met at the beach and walked around the park and ended up at Starbucks. There we (Jeannie, Glizza, Karen, Lorren, Kathy Q, Malia, and Spike) drank coffee, enjoyed the morning, and chatted like we do in the water. This Thursday there will be no jellyfish so we are definitely meeting for swim day. We had a busy weekend. Besides being glued to the TV watching Tour de France we had a string of visitors. I had another counseling session which was helpful and enlightening. Glizza, Roy, and Tyler came up and hung out for awhile. Then my sister-in-law Irene from the Big Island came and visited us for awhile. She even massaged my feet and hands with some special lotion that she brought. Thank you Irene!
Early Sunday morning we met Glizza, Roy, Tyler, Natalie, and Daniel at the Outrigger Canoe Club to go swimming. The morning was beautiful and swimming with all of them was very special. We missed Joyce who did not get up for the event. We then had a great brunch at the Outrigger. And we should do that more often. Then as usual I spent the rest of the day with Daniel and Natalie as Jan took his day off.
Last week we also met with several potential caregivers. I think we have found a few caregivers that will work to fill out Glizza's schedule. However, we will still continue to interview for others. Each day this week we will be having a new caregiver to work with. It will be a challenge and we're going to make it fun. Malia will be here to act as a backup.
Happy Birthday Bella! Today is Isabella's 5th birthday. I wish you were here so Nana can give you a big birthday hug! Happy Birthday!
Good night Bella, good night Spike Nana loves you!
Aloha, Vi

7 comments:

  1. Isaiah 40:28, 29, 31 "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no seaching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faith; and to them that have no might ne increaseth strength...But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faith." I look forward to that day when we will soar like eagles together to see all of His glory! Praying for you every day and love you so much by BFF. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw did you know I was gonna be reading this?!!! Hahahahaha...I miss you Aunty Vi! I'm in Taipei right now and I'm bored as heck! I got like 2 more hours of waiting before i get on the plane! Anyway, i called you a couple times before i left Oahu and then i texted you...did you get it?!

    I'll try and call you tomorrow when I'm in Bali!

    You know what's funny?! I've been flashing my gucci travel clutch thingy you gave me everywhere! hahahahaha....i feel like a high roller! I walked into Duty free and I saw people eyeing it out! hahahahaha.....sooooo funny! It's super convenient to have it! THANK YOU! I love it!

    Anyway, I'll visit Bellaboo tomorrow and make sure I give her a big belated b-day hug and kiss from Nana!!!

    I LOVE YOU and Miss you tons!

    Gfunk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi,
    I had the most enjoyable time visiting with you, we had so much catching up to do. I hope to visit you again real soon and I will bring more lotion so I can massage your hands and feet again -- it was my pleasure. Be sure that Jan has more of that excellent wine from Argentina.
    You are my hero -- you have the most beautiful spirit. God bless you and I love you.
    Your forever sister-in-law, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Mz Vi!
    I enjoyed meeting Irene's twins yesterday...they are as cute as can be and seem to be looking out for you. With Accounting and Nursing backgrounds, both will have great careers. Stote and I and others did NOT have AT&T access throughout the day and finally got a TV report this morning that AT&T had a hardware issue. Friends on windward side said their iphones worked and of course!!! Blackberries had NO problems :-) Since all 3 generations of the phone (yours, mine, and Stote's) didn't work at certain points, it had to be AT&T's big hardware issue. Anyway, I spent a few quarters at pay phones :-) I am happy your week without Gliza is beginning well although we know no one could replace her. She is a jewel.
    Love you. peg & stote

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it's me again :-) Faerbers Flyers wanted your blog URL so I sent it out in a list email today which you also will get. Nellie suggested that some may not know this so it is now on the listserv. She also wanted a digital copy of your race app. Why don't you post the application on the blog so folks can download it? If not, could you send a digital copy and I will send to the listserv? I do hope some FF will post!!! Nellie is course marshalling as are stote and me. peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amazing Vi!!
    Its your friend, Belle Morris from the Mountains of Colorado. I keep thinking of you and your incredible spirit and humor. I contacted Amy Nelson and inquired about you... missing you!!!
    She said I MUST check your blog out. She was right! XXO

    I love reading the past few letters... You sound Wonderful! Giving the gift of Gucci Bag and then showing it off in the airport...hahahahahaha! Love IT. Work it baby! You have smart kin-folk!!

    Ive been watching the Tour de France, too. Dang, something about those sexy legs and tight spandex??!!! Fit men are awesome to watch. hahahahahha!
    OK. To be more serious... Lance is simply inspiring. His dedication to Livestrong is the way to go! Livestrong ALS!

    Glad to see on blog notes you are making it down to the ocean. Sounds like you have a great team of support. Wonderful to know Malia is with you. I wish I could be there. Seriously.

    You have always been an inspiration. You still are! Great photo on your blog, by the way.

    Tonight I supported a group of runners I coach for the Bolder Boulder (its a 10k road race on Memorial Day in Boulder). I coach various levels of athletes throughout the year. I LOVE IT! There was a short 3k race downtown this evening. The group did well.

    Also, I am coaching the middle school track team during the spring. That has been the best experience ever. The youth crack me up! They generally have little sense of pacing themselves. So... its all out run on an 'easy run' and you just watch them fizzle. So, coach belle is constantly talking about pacing...!

    Well, I look forward to reading your next posting! I hope you get lots of massages and sweet care. You are wonderful.

    Love and friendship, XXO

    Belle Morris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aloha Ms. Vi,
    Even if I don't see you often, you are in my constant prayer. I love you.

    Coming over this weekend. I'll call to come over and visit. Spending time with a 44 yo cousin that just got diagnosed with intermediate breast cancer. Her sister died at age 32 with the same. Robyn lost her mom to cancer also.

    On the other hand, we bought a house in Volcano about a mile from where we are now. We are taking advantage of Obama's stimulus package. . .

    Got a dog, which is good therapy for Rick . . . and the rest of us. Freida was bred on the Big Island, went to HNL to be trained by Henry Haina and since we SOLD the farm, Henry asked us if we wanted Freida. Rick brought her home on Thursday and we have been so blessed with having her.

    Work has its challenges, but I'm blessed everyday with ways to help people. I'm so glad I'm in this profession. . . people come to me for help and its a chance I can share God's love.

    Love to Jan and the gang.

    ReplyDelete