Sunday, August 16, 2009

Blog 33!!!!!


It's another weekend. Sighhhh....How life can pass by when you're not conscious of it. However, I'm not trying to do that. I've had a load of company this week and through out the weekend while the Janster is on a business trip to Bali. Half of my family from Hilo picked this weekend to come and hang out with me. I can't believe they are all here staying at my house. They are all learning about ALS firsthand. Jessica has just been promoted to the "A Squad" of caregivers. Since their arrival yesterday, the pots in the kitchen have been clanking with delicious home cooked food and Lita has even busted out the vacuum cleaner and don't forget about Grandpa Sagon who is 103 this October who has been wandering about the house with everyone trying to keep track of him. We have to keep a close eye on Grandpa as he chews tobacco and forgets that he is in doors and spits on my floor! True story. However Grandpa Sagon is the specimen of good health with no medical problems. He walks by himself with no aid and has a passion for reading anything that is placed in front of him. We love Grandpa Sagon "Okie Dokie!" (his favorite saying). My brother Junior and his daughters Jessica and Jennifer will be returning to Hilo on Monday and Eric, Lita and Grandpa will stay with me through Thursday when my brother Al and Nancy from Maui will take over for next weekend until the Janster returns (Jan, I am well taken care of. So, you don't have to worry about me).



Yesterday, I had my Aunty Tala, Wanda and Dirk, Leana, Uncle Leggie and Cindy and Uncle Bo come up and spend some time with me. It was fun talking with them and catching up all that was happening in their lives. Thanks again and come again!

This is the last week to sign up for Vi's Adventure Trek and Run. So be sure to sign up soon by August 20th. If you know of anyone who would like to donate beverages, we're looking for someone to donate for our event.

Goodnight Bella! Goodnight Spike! Goodnight Ruby! Nana loves you!

Goodnight Jan, I love you! Have a nice dinner with Emma, Mikala and Bella!

Aloha, Vi

2 comments:

  1. aloha Vi! Kukui (Andrea) linked me to your blog and has told me so many WONDERFUL things about you! you're so inspiring and full of life! i wish i were back home to partake in the Kualoa Ranch event that you put together!

    best of wishes and warmest regards!

    much love & aloha,
    kapua

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful family gathering! Your Dad looks great! Okie Dokie ;)

    ReplyDelete