Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blog No. 32


Hallelujah! Natalie and Daniel are back. It seemed like forever that they have been gone. Welcome back Daniel and Natalie! So now, we can get back to business.

A few things have happened since our last blog. Last Thursday we had a great swim day at Kaimana. We must have swam for over an hour and as usual, we chatted up a storm. I think we will only have a couple of swim days before I get a g-tube put in/ This will likely happen in a couple of weeks. Thereafter, I may not be able to go swimming for a few weeks. The doctor had already scheduled this procedure for yesterday, however, I was able to put it off for 2 weeks and I am happy about having it put off. So, we will let you know more about it. As for me, my goal is to eat as many things as I can.

On Saturday, Jan and I attended the MDA summer picnic at Ala Moana Park. There were many new faces who we had not met before. It was fun to see all participate in the games and having fun. Jan even helped out in one of the relays which was hilariously funny as his task in the relay was to pick out 5 gummy worms hidden in a plate of flour, only using his face. It was so out of character for Jan. Hopefully, the MDA will send my a picture that I can post to show you how funny it was.

On Sunday, Jan and I attended brunch at the Outrigger with Farber's flyers running group honoring their coaches. Jan was a coach once, a long, long time ago (and that's how we met). It was nice to see all the women I used to run with and visit with them. It was also nice to visit with the coaches and honor them for their great work. Farber's Flyers has been in Hawaii for the last 30 years. The only person left was Donnie Farber himself.

After the scrumptious brunch, Peggy and Stote hung out with me so Jan could get some time to himself. Peggy and I picked a movie out of the sky and ended up hating it. So anyway, we ended up hating it and found solace in going to Whole Foods which made us happy. While at Kahala Mall, we met several of out tri-friends and old classmates. Everywhere we turned, it seemed like we knew someone. Thank you Peggy and Stote! I had a wonderful day with you guys!

Don't forget that the deadline to register for Vi's Adventure Trek and Run is on August 20th. So please don't forget to sign up! All proceeds will be going to our ALS friends here in Hawaii. If you have any questions, please call the MDA office at 548-0588. Thank you again!

If you are in Kailua on Saturday, the ALS support group will be having a garage sale at Divina's house at 244 Akiohala Street in Kailua from 8:00am to 2:00pm. So come by and buy something!

I guess this is it for today's blog. I am very glad to see Daniel and Natalie home. We have all missed Glizza, however, I think she is doing well in Bali.

Goodnight Spike! Goodnight Bell! Nana loves you!

Goodnight Ruby! Nana loves you!

Aloha everyone, Vi

5 comments:

  1. I Love You Aunty Vi!!! You Mean So Much To Me!!!! I MISS You and Everybody Too...A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Violet

    These are greetings from Switzerland!

    I have got your blog address from Jan who suggested that I get in touch with you. I have finally managed to blog thanks to the help of friend here in the office.

    It is very touching to see your photo and read the messages. I am deeply impressed how you organize your life which has now become so difficult for you.

    It is fascinating that we can communicate so easily around the world. You may probably sit in the garden with a view to the beach in Hawaii while I am at work. Our office is in a magnificent building (art nouveau) very close to the lake of Zurich. Usually, I take my dog at work, so over lunch time, we go for a walk along the lake. It is delightful right now because the sun is shining making the days very warm. Everybody enjoys it.

    In the evening, we make another walk to the train station. Half an hour later, I am already at my domicile, a small municipality outside of Zurich, on top of a hill, but still on the border of the lake.

    Violet, I hope you are alright – I am thinking of you.

    With kindest regards to you and to Jan,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi,
    Hey I was missing the updates. We're all glad Daniel and Natalie are back so we can be kept updated on your blog.
    Congratulations on the new blessing arriving later this year -- Grandchildren are special gifts from God (that's His way of telling us he wants our Legacy to continue).
    Thinking of you always. Lita is so looking forward to her stay with you - I'm sure you're all have fun.
    Hope all goes well with the Gtube, you are a trooper and my hero.
    God bless you and the ohana.
    Love, Renie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vi,
    You have always been such a water baby!!

    The Race of Faith: Hebrews 12:1-2 "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us; looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Amen.

    We all have that mightly race to run! Which you are most definately a Winner! God bless and be with you and Jan. Love you my BFF, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Miss Vi,
    Kathy and I made the H20 pix.Hello Gliza--we miss you tooooo much and hope Jan gets to visit and coerce you to come home :-) Bring your boyfriend with you too. I want to see if I can digitize the FF pix at school and send to you so you can post it. I emailed FF to let them see your comments. 2 FF did the senior olympics but can't find the results yet.Stote is in NJ visiting his dad and grandkids. Peg is hustling for school :-) Love you. peg

    ReplyDelete