Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Day Before The G-Tube

Today, Wednesday, is hopefully not the last day of swimming even though tomorrow I go in to have the G-tube put in. We had swim day this afternoon which ended with a picnic of scrumpaliscious food. Everything from KFC to Indian food and imported olives from Italy and, of course, Hawaiian food! Thank you Jeannie, Heidi, Aunty Karen, Malia and Spike, Tina, Elaine, Rene, Roy, Sandra and sister, Lorenn, Jan, Daniel and Natalie. The day was just beautiful with an occasional gusting trade passing through. At first, the water looked cold but it turned out it was warm. We swam and chatted as usual. It was nice to have Jan there to experience swim day. Hopefully, I will be able to continue swimming and return back to the water in approximately 6 weeks. Until then, it would be nice to keep meeting at the beach and hang out. What do you gals think? After I get the G-tube in, I will still be able to eat, however, it is called recreational eating as I will be getting most of my caloric intake through the G-tube. Oh well! I am ready for the transition and going with the flow. So this is a little video for you my friends and I truly appreciate all of your love and support. My family has also been over the moon for me. There is nothing else I can say that can truly paint a picture of their love. I will be having the G-tube put in at 11:00 at Queens and will stay the night for observation. Natalie, Jan and Daniel will be with me and you may call Natalie at 258-9388 for updates.

Goodnight Spike! Goodnight Bella! Goodnight Ruby Rose! Nana loves you!

Aloha and God bless,

Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment