Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Never a dull moment!




Its been about two weeks since our race. There are a few people I would like to recognize who completed the race. First there is Pooky (Trystan Wong) a 7th grader at Kamehameha school who did the race as a class project. I thought how compassionate he is to learn all about ALS and motor neurons for his class project and then, there was Chad who has a muscular dystrophy disease and completed the race happily with his mother. Both of them filled my heart with joy so thank you thank you thank you!!!

Since we last blogged we have had tons of visitors. Besides our regular friends that comes to visit, I have had my college classmate Lei come to visit me from California. It was fun catching up on 25 years of absence. Crazy but Fun! Then their was Rosa who happens to be at a conference in Kona and found out about my situation. She promptly found my number, called me and flew over for the day to spend some girl time after not seeing each other for 15 years. It seems like a day has not passed us by as we picked up our friendship from way back then.
Wow Lau lau!

Share the care, Violets Web, is finally coming to fruition. Last week we had Sandra come over to give me a massage and ouh was it nice! We are expecting another massage therapist to come this week. We also had Fran prepare some food for us and the caregivers. Fran surprised us with a delicious risotto and salmon dish. Thank you to Sandra and Fran who is starting to spin the web. Thank you also to Bev from the Big Island who came over with her daughter Carlee to spend the weekend with us. If any of you have any questions about share the care please call Natalie at 258-9388.

Three weeks has past since getting the G-Tube. It has been a slow getting used to the tube feedings. I take in approximately 900 calories of tube feeding and then eat between 500-600 calories by mouth. I did not realize that I would have to eat all day to get in enough nourishment. We are still adjusting the amount and time of each tube feeding and sometimes I get a little nauseous or I feel sick to my tummy. Hopefully we will be able to resolve this problem soon. My gastro doctor said the peg looks beautiful and to return in one year. Whew!!!! We will be getting back in the water in a couple of weeks so be ready water people!

This Thursday we will not be having swim day but, we will have tea and reading by Bill and Punkin at 10:30 am here at my house. Come up and join us to all my swim friends and anyone else.

On the last note I want to share that Daniel made the cover of the new Surfing Magazine that is coming out soon.

You would never guess who helped me with today's blog. GLIZZA! She is covering for Malia, Spike and Daniel today and will leave back to Bali this week.


Good Night Bella! Goodnight Ruby! Goodnight Spike! I LOVE YOU!

God Bless You All!

Aloha,
VI

6 comments:

  1. Hi Vi
    I'm glad that you're recovering from all that excitment over the last two weeks. Also more of your old class mates are starting to find you, awesome.
    Love you
    Lita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vi,

    How good was that trek? So much fun and in such a beautiful spot.
    I was blown away by all the love that flowed out from that place from all your beautiful friends and family. I really enjoyed being a part of it and felt very blessed to be there. Loved seeing you again Vi although next time will have more time. Eric is looking forward to seeing you soon too.
    Loads of love x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vi !!!!!!!!!!!!! You are always on my mind, its nice to hear whats on your mind, thanks for sharing! So glad to hear you are surrounded by friends and by love.
    Loved seeing Daniels pics and reading his interview. Just loved it and am so happy for him!
    Love to you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violetta!!!! It was really nice to see you're smiling face! I'm glad I got to come out to your race, it was so much fun! It was cool to hang out, talk story, and to just play plain ass grab ass with you....hahahaha! I MISS IT! Anyway, let's keep skyping!

    I love you Aunty VI!

    Glizza

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Vi and all! so nice to hear/see how well you are doing! gonna get fat now?! good to here about/from glizza to! (sounds like glizza's been hanging around with jan medusky too long) da mag cover is awesome daniel! (and congrats to you and natalie!) we're all good here...but missing you! all our Aloha...Terry, Nancie, Marzanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi VI!
    glad to know you are doing well and the web is being spun!

    hope to see you, Jan and ohana on Tuesday. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete