Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vi's First Blog Back

It's been twelve days since the insertion of the PEG Tube. Thanks for all your calls, concerns, love and support. I sailed through the simple procedure which could have turned bad, on the wings of my angel. Thanks to my great Doctor, everything went with no problem.

I apologize for not blogging, however, the last week I've been feeling a little depressed. I know that I am feeling this way because I haven't felt the ZEST that I usually feel and now I have this tube protruding out of my stomach that needs to be hooked up three times a day. Wouldn't you be depressed too? Just imagine I have always loved cooking, eating, shopping for my own fruits and vegetables which I am not able to do anymore. I am trying to be positive and look on the brighter side of how to enjoy eating, cooking, and smelling and caressing the fruits and vegetables.

The highlight for our family this week was the engagement of Daniel and Natalie! Sighhhhh....FINALLY! We love you both, Daniel and Natalie, and wish you both continued love and support.

We are all looking forward to our Adventure Trek and Run on Sunday which will have approximately 300 participants. Be sure to dress in a funny costume! We are looking forward to seeing you.

Goodnight Spike! Goodnight Bella! Goodnight Ruby Rose! Nana loves you!

Aloha, Vi

3 comments:

  1. Vi - no need to apologize. You're such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your life with us. Congrats Natalie and Daniel. Looking forward to seeing y'all Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI
    Congratulations to Daniel and Nat, it's about time!! I'm glad to hear that you bounced back
    from your ordeal. It'll only get better
    See you this Friday, after lunch.
    Love you so much
    Lita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi,

    You are still awesome, even when you're sharing about feeling depressed. You are such a trooper - my hero :)
    CONGRATULATIONS TO DANIEL & NATALIE -- so happy for both of them.

    See you on Sunday!! I'll be the crazy person cheering everyone on.....

    Love, Renie

    ReplyDelete