Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blog 10: Natalie's Birthday and Beach Day!

Happy Birthday Natalie! We love you!
Today was a glorious, beautiful day to celebrate Natalie's 24th birthday! She is beautiful, strong, intelligent, loving and has an energetic spirit. Natalie has been the #1 backup for Glizza and Daniel's forever girlfriend (hopefully she'll be getting an upgrade soon!) We celebrated Natalie's birthday at the Honolulu Academy of Arts Cafe where the food was yummy and the company was great! Thank you Natalie for being the wonderful you!

Before celebrating with Natalie, I went swimming with a large group of my friends at Kaimana Beach. I have not been in the ocean for several months since attending aqua therapy and the cold winter water. Punkin, Bill, Kathy Q., Fran, Jeannie, Heidi, Glizza, Malia and Spike enjoyed the warm water and the warm sun rays of the mid morning. I can't believe how much my muscles are not functioning due to this disease since the last time we all swam together. We spent alot of our water time learning how to transfer me from the wheelchair to the ocean and then how to manage me in teh water as I need alot of secondary support. I think most of my friends today, were a little afraid to manage me in the ocean and to my friends who are learning to manage my body positions, don't be afraid! So today, I thought I'd call it "swimming 101 with Vi." I have to say, it was sucha great time, but I was pooped after the session and I know for sure Punkin was too! So, we're trying again next week. See you then!

Goodnight Spike, Goodnight Bella! Nana loves you!

Aloha, Vi

7 comments:

  1. Aloha Vi! Your beach day sounds like it was great fun, though challenging (but then, what enjoyable experience *isn't* a challenge?). I was wondering, do you have a life jacket for your swims? That might help with the body management you mentioned above. I'm just so glad to read about how enthusiastic all your friends are to achieve your goals...they are an amazing group. Keep up the good work, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha from beautiful downtown Riverside, CA. yuck! especially when i see waikiki so beautiful! wish we were there to see you swimming! cool beach buggy too! beach buggy for da beach bunny! well, you and all your crew look like you're having fun. God Bless you, we hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi
    That looked like you were having fun.
    Wish Nat a Happy Birthday for me.
    Miss you and everyone.
    Oh, Happy Anniversary, That is I might forget
    to call you.
    Lita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vi, Thank you, Natalie, for posting these blogs. Being so far away(Lafayette, California) I wonder how my dear freind Vi is doing and now, thanks to you, I can read about her progress and activities. You have some truly great friends, Vi. You are loved! I miss you and wish I could be a part of your exciting adventures(and challenges). Right now I have my adventures with my old, but new, boyfriend Jerry! We hope to get to Hawaii sometime this year. If we do I will let you know. In the meantime, enjoy the family and your wonderful friends. Love ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aloha Vi,
    You have a few followers from the Big Island and we are all enjoying the updates of your fun happenings. Great pictures (beautful family and frends), Natalie is doing an awesome job!!
    I'm on Maui for a special visit -- my oldest granddaughter (Kyleigh) was the May Day Queen!! It was a beautiful program, life is all about special memories. I ran into Al at Old Navy and we had a great time catching up.
    I am so looking forward to seeing you in July so we can talk story and reminisce about the olden days (ha, ha).
    Keep up your great spirit -- You are truly my hero!!
    Your forever sister-in-law, Irene aka Renie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vi! Wish I could have celebrated my birthday with you and Nat. I miss you guys tons!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad I got the attachment for this blog. I'll definitely keep in contact.
    I love you
    Nicole Fonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cold winter water?????? You guys have no idea what really cold water is like! How I Envy you. Looks like a fabulous time. Spike is so BIG!! Natalie is beautiful and Glizza looks like she's just biding her time til Stanford Medical School. Miss you all and wish I could have joined in the fun. Love and blessigs! Carol

    ReplyDelete