Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blog 8: Share the Care Day!


Hello my web! What an awesome day! Jan and I are deeply touched with your overwhelming response to be educated about Share the Care. It was great to see so many of you, my dear friends, coming to my rescue. Your hearts are over flowing with love and Jan and I can't express this overwhelming feeling. Again, thank you. I foresee our web of Share the Care friends, family and others will blossom to something extraordinary. For me, I will get out of this experience a chance for me to know you better and you to know me better. I can also see that I may be able to teach you that the process of death can be beautiful when one has an abundance of love surrounding them. Also, you may learn not to fear death and the unknown. Kimi did a beautiful job facilitating the group in a loving and non-threatening manner. Having her here, holding our hands through this new journey is comforting as she has experienced this firsthand. Thank you Kimi for making this possible. Thank you also to Hana, from Peg's Legs, for sharing her experiences with Peggy Chun. Hearing both, Kimi and Hana, made the groups' uneasiness soften and lessened their fears.

Janice will be sorting and organizing all of the forms filled out at today's meeting and will be contacting you in the near future. I want to thank Janice for helping organize today's event and also for her future help. In the meantime, I will be making my "wish list" of things to accomplish. Remember, if you have any questions/concerns about Share the Care, and what was discussed today, please contact Kimi at kimi@peggychun.com. Be sure to look for photos from today's meeting which we will be posting shortly.

Thank you again to all and thank you for bringing all the great food! We have plenty of yummy left overs!

Goodnight Bella, Goodnight Spike! Nana love you!

Aloha, Vi

P.S. Today is my 5th anniversary of being diagnosed with ALS. I was diagnosed on May 17th, 2004.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your courage and love Vi. We are all connected in this life and death together. Your having this terrible disease has had one small positive result in helping a little girl on Maui...so grateful to you for your positive and compassionate attitude in the hardest race of all...love, lorenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vi,
    Talked with Miss Quinn (who had a cold yesterday and didn't want to contaminate) and told her about how nice yesterday was. I will also email this link to Mel and Judy Mc as they too want to know. I agree that Kimi and Janice were absolutley wonderful and professional in setting this up. It was great to see so many folks that I haven't seen in a while. Hugs from Stote and Peg :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi,
    I talked with Peggy today,...sorry to miss the experience. See how much loving support you have and we will all support each other.
    I am looking forward to a swim @ Kaimana @ 8:30 Thursday, with you and a small gang. Fran said she would let me know if plans change.
    Hug to you and Jan etc. etc.etc.
    Love,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vi & Jan: What a pleasure to see familiar faces/bodies and new ones too at your 5th anniversary gala. Glad to be part of Vi's web. You are more beautiful than ever. Look forward to sharing some fun times together. Spike takes after his Nana:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great blog and I can't wait to read every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlfriend! Held you in prayer and meditation this morning! Surrounding you with love and light. xoxoxo Carol

    ReplyDelete