Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vi Blog No. 3!

It was another beautiful day! Yesterday I mentioned that this month is ALS Awareness month. I forgot to mention that when you buy something from Peggy Chun's Gallery, a portion of the proceeds go to ALS research, so...Happy Shopping!

Today I attended Physical Therapy in Aina Haina. My therapist, Matt, put me through a grueling, hard session of upper body exercises. The exercises were hard for me but it would probably be a breeze for you. It's incredible to watch your muscles weaken.

I also attended an appointment with my internist, Dr. Davis, who is coordinating my medical treatment. It looks like I will be progressing to the next stage of ALS in the near future of having a peg (feeding tube). One thing on our aggenda is to help me to eat foods that are fattening because the more calories, the greater longevity for ALS patients. So malasadas, here I come!

Through out the challenges, life has been wonderful.

We do have some fun in the process of this disease. Glizza and I had a wonderful mother's day lunch followed by a mani pedi.

Please keep our friend, John Henderson, who was critically injured in a biking accident in your throughts and prayers. So all of you bikers out there, please be careful!

Goodnight Bella, who is living in Bali. Goodnight Spike, who is currently in Australia. Nana loves you!

Aloha, Vi

5 comments:

  1. I really love reading this every afternoon, thank you! I just signed up for the google friend thing so I can post comments. smile.
    Bella has her extended day trial today and just loved it. She was insistent that she bring a peanut butter sandwich for her lunch! smile. She is super happy.
    Bella has her bedroom being re done tomorrow. New paint, new closet and hopefully a bunk bed! I am still designing it to be made above her current bed, so that’s still a maybe.
    Been wanting to get her closet for ages. She’ll have her own mirror with a desk place to put all her head bands and stuff. She is really excited!
    We are sending our love and lots of kisses!! love you emxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty Vi I miss you! It is so great to be hearing from you on this blog. By the way your picture looks so sexy and beautiful! You look like a start, VJM!!! Sounds like you are having so much fun. I can't wait to come home this summer so I can come and hang out with you. I love you Aunty Vi!

    Love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Aunty Vi, on my last comment I had a typo...i meant "star" not "start"! you look like a star, the VJM star!!!

    Love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vi you look great, Joy and I will be at your potluck, we are leaving for Virginia at the end of the month, After 12 plus years, big Army found out I have been here way to long. Oh well, you know you hold a special place in our hearts. See you on the 17th!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Vi,
    What a great idea! T and I love reading your blog. Your beautiful positive heart comes right through your words! Wish we could be there with you this coming weekend to celebrate Mothers's Day. You are one of the most loving, caring, selfless mom's there is!!! YES,it's true. We have seen you be such a blessing to your children, and the rest of us, over the years and thus we have seen a glimpse of Jesus'unconditional love for us , through YOU!
    So.. Happy Mother's Day Dear Sister.
    We continue to be faithful in our prayers for you and Jan morning and evening. Don't forget the daily promise we claim for you in Jeremiah 29:11
    We love you very much,keep on blogging!
    T and N

    ReplyDelete