Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vi's First Blog

Aloha everyone! It's Vi and this is my first blog. I welcome all of you! I want to start off by thanking Kimi Morton Chun for making this blog possible. I've never blogged before, so this is a learning experience. Hopefully my blogs will get better once I get the hang of it.

At the moment I am working on my advance health care directives which are not as easy to create as it seems. Once it is done, I will share it with all of you. Thank you Jan, Kathy Mah and Daryl Funai for putting in tedious hours of back and forth discussion.

On a lighter note, this weekend Jan's nephew, Clay Biddle from San Diego took time off his busy work schedule and family to visit us for a couple of days. We were so happy to spend this time with him! My friend Liz Toledo also came over from Hilo. I really enjoyed seeing her and spending time with her. Today, Sunday, I spent half the day with Natalie and her mom at the movies while Jan took his well deserved time off. Thank you Natalie (and Daniel, when he is not chasing waves) for spending Sundays with me.
I'm looking forward to seeing you on May 17th, at the Share The Care party. I've invited all of you to come and learn about the care model, Share The Care, which Peggy Chun successfully used for her care. Don't be afraid to come and think you will have to be committed. This party is for you to learn about this care model and see if this is something you would like to participate in. As time goes on, my care will need an expansion of helpers and every little bit counts. Thank you Janice Churma for helping to coordinate the Share The Care party.

I'm going to try to post on a daily basis what I'm up to. Some days are better than others, but I'm taking everything day by day. Also, look for our monthly Medical Reports which my wonderful husband Jan, has been writing and sending out to our family members. That way, you will always know what's happening health wise.

Aloha for now!
Vi

5 comments:

  1. Great blog Vi! I love it, look forward to more and will come to your share the care party for sure! love you, lorenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add that I love your blog's title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi, so cool to have this site! We are thinking of you often and wish we could be there to help. Know that you are in our prayers. Laurence and Cecelia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vi, only just worked out how to follow your blog..... great to hear about what your up to, miss your smiling face but hopefully i will get to Hawaii in the next few months so we can go check out the shops and have a coffee. big hugs. Bon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Vi it was nice to Skype you the other day sorry we lost each other i dont know what happened!!! Maybe the coverage was not so good that day.
    Love hearing what your up to by following your blog and i hope to be over soon. Not sure exactly when will let you know when i know.Looking forward very much to seeing you. Love x

    ReplyDelete