Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blog 15: It's Tuesday!

I can't believe it's already Tuesday and once again we're going to aqua therapy. Just standing in the pool (this is an exercise for me) with Matt, was difficult to do today. I could feel my legs buckling under me. As usual, we included exercises for the arms, legs and hips. Practice, practice, practice....until next week!

I also used my AVAP for 25 minutes today which was easier to use today than yesterday. When looking at the picture of me on my AVAP, don't be frightened as it does not look as bad as you may think. Believe it or not, the mask is soft and comfortable (oh no!!! Natalie just showed me the picture and it does look bad!). Note that I am sitting in my power chair that I use more and more each day. I have even been sleeping in it at night as I find it more comfortable than my bed. The only thing I need is a protective cover or something for my seat to absorb the moisture and keep me cool. It's been weird having Jan sleep on a huge bed and me in my power chair.

Staying on the North Shore has been fun and nice to have a different perspective of living. This is my fourth night here and Jan thinks it is about time I come home. I haven't forgotten about him, in fact we brought him a nice lunch to share with him today. I'll be home on Thursday, and ready to meet the new caregiver from the agency on Friday morning. The new caregiver, will assist and follow along with Natalie on my morning routine of getting up, toileting, grooming and breakfast. Wish us luck! If any of you know of anyone interested in being my caregiver to replace Glizza, let us know or call us.

Congratulations to Stote, who completed the Honu Half Ironman Triathlon under an unusual circumstance. Check this photo out. Stote split his wetsuit and was forced to use duct tape. See, duct tape really works wonders!

Another thing I want to mention is that Lorren Walker set up a Share the Care with her friend on Maui whose daughter is ill. Way to go Lorren to spread Share the Care with others!!!

Thank you Daniel and Natalie for putting up with me all day and all night! And thank you Malia for baking some delicious scones and making us a few dinners.

Goodnight Spike. Goodnight Bella! Nana loves you!

Goodnight Glizza who is having fun in France!

Aloha, Vi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vi,

    Sounds like all of you are enjoying your time on the North Shore. Fun! The mask looks scary, but I'm glad it will make it easier and more comfortable for you to breath.
    We'll see you on Friday!! We get in at 7:34 pm Hawaiian Airlines. Looking forward to spending the weekend with you!!
    Love you, Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Vi,
    Stote and I are LOL at his picture--you did post it. Punkin called this a.m. but I still shouldn't be around folks. Did you have fun swimming? Punkin emailed that it seemed like you did. The mask doesn't look comfortable--What does AVAP stand for?
    Can you sleep ok sitting up? I guess we all do it on an airplane. Saw Allen T and he said he and Hazel had a great time in Peru but he lost 12 # because of the food. I will email him to look at your blog...He had pix but I didn't see. I know Janice i leaving tomorrow for her trip and talked with her briefly today. Love you! peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi,
    In your pics ~ that smile on your face tells all how much you love being in the ocean!! Got to see your nephew Brian at the wedding today. This is a too small an island I didn't know his girlfriend is Keala's sister ~ really nice and fun person! Jason and wife Desiree has a very nice wedding and party.
    looking forward to seeing you one of these days!

    Old favorite ~ John 3:14-17 "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not persih but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." Amen
    Love you my BFF, Liz

    ReplyDelete