Friday, June 19, 2009

Blog 20....

(Nana and Spike)

Whew! It's already Friday. Since our last blog, life has gone on and on and on with many things happening. Our days have been so filled that by the time it was time to blog at night, I was too tired and pooped out. Glizza's first week home and we're glad she's back. Three weeks away from home and so many things to learn such as the AVAP, the new bed and Big Red. Welcome back Glizza! Speaking of Glizza and Big Red in one sentence, today we had a little encounter with a wall while negotiating a turn in the parking garage at Jan's office. The hit was on the side passenger sliding door where the ramp is stored. Luckily, the door can still be opened and the ramp is working fine. The main thing is that we are safe and did not involve another car. So Glizza, don't worry, it is just a car! Big Red has now been broken in officially!
Today, I have legally put my life in order. It has taken Jan and I five years to complete this task of doing our wills, trusts and medical directives. Now I feel that anything can happen and I am comfortable knowing that my wishes will be carried out. This is a tedious process, but once done, it gives one peace of mind.

On Tuesday evening, it was nice visiting with my friend Nancy who I went to college with and have not seen in about 5 years. Nancy also loves flowers and brought me the most beautiful bouquet of mixed florals. So thank you Nancy and hope to see you soon in the near future.

(Jeannie, Me, Elaine and Heidi)


(Heidi, me and Elaine)

Yesterday was Swim Day at Kaimana. As usual we all had fun. It was a real work out for me. During the whole hour, I was constantly moving my legs or arms and someone was massaging my bottom, massaging my hands, and massaging my legs while we all talked. Thanks Peggy for the red rash guard! As you can see, it fit perfectly. So thanks again for swimming with me Punkin, Bill, Jeannie, Heidi, PJ, Elaine, Glizza and Aunty Karen who opted out of swimming and watched for sharks from the beach. Hope to see you all next Thursday! And, if any of you are free and want to come to join us, feel free to come. We're there at 9:30am, every Thursday!

(Glizza and Jeannie)


(Aunty Karen on the look out!)

We have been working hard on the Fourth of July BBQ fundraiser for ALS research. There have been many generous supporters that have contributed prizes for our raffle and food. So thank you to the Hawaii ALS Support Group, with Divina leading the charge. Thank you also to Tanya for taking the time to send out many donation letters. Tickets will be sold by members of the Hawaii ALS Support Group. The tickets will be $5 and good for a hotdog or hamburger, beverage and a raffle ticket. You are also welcome to bring a potluck to share as this grass root event is like a family picnic. We are looking forward to seeing all of you come out and join the fun of Fourth of July playing softball in remembrance of Lou Gehrig and many other Fourth of July games. You may be happy to learn the location of the picnic has been changed to Keehi Lagoon Beach Park instead of Kualoa Beach Park.


As I dictate this to Natalie, I have to smile as Bella and Mikala are on their way to Hawaii. So I can't wait!

Goodnight Bella! Goodnight Spike! Nana loves you!

Aloha, Vi


P.S. Thank you Aunty Nene for the deliscious shoyu chicken and to Karen for the soup.

3 comments:

  1. Love You Missy! You are with me in spirit each moment I am swimming in the lovely Keawakapu. Aloha, Peace and Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you Vi, sweet pic of you and Spike! What a look he's got in that one! Sorry your new van got dinged...great to see you're in the water every Thursday. Good job getting all your documents and plans in order--you're always organized. Am happy that Mikala and Bella are with you now. Have a good new week! Love, lorenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pretty Vi!
    You look 100% better in the rash guard than I ever did ( and I will always remember running with you and cars honkiing at YOU!!! They would have never guessed that we could be their mothers :-)
    Am at a Sheraton workshop this week and am surprised that the new way of doing these things is to have "virtual" presentations. I guess participants fly here and play and then late at night listen to the "yawn" presentations :-) Will email you about other stuff that's happening..Love, peg & stote

    ReplyDelete