Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blog 17...

Before we go onto the weekend, as I told you on Friday, we had the nursing agency come to our house. They were there at 7:30am to meet Natalie, Daniel, Jan and I and learn my morning routine. So there they were, at 7:30am in my bedroom to learn the routine. It's a good thing that I'm a happy morning person and not Oscar the Grouch in morning. The experience was amusing to have everyone following me into the bathroom and watching me do my morning bathroom activities. Overall, the experience was good as I enjoyed meeting our potential caregivers. We will be having more of the agency's caregivers come to meet and observe my daily routine. We also have others on the list to interview. Our caregiver search has been steady and we have had friends give us other potential recommendations. 

After the working morning with the caregivers, Daniel, Natalie, Karen and I had fun by going to the movies to watch "Land of the Lost" starring Will Ferrel. Will Ferrel is so funny and crazy! Remember, laughter is good medicine. 

So far the weekend is going smooth and mellow. Nancy and Al from Maui, are spending the weekend with us and we are enjoying their company. Al and Nancy have been fantastic and gracious and they always come and visit and take good care of Jan and I. We, Jan and I, always look forward to spending time with them. Thank you again Nancy and Al!!! 

Today, I had my third counseling session. It is important for me to tell you this because as a person with a chronic illness, there are many issues to resolve and to learn how to work through them. Today, I learned about the different ways people communicate and how communication is understood by others. I also learned about acceptance and letting go. Counseling has opened up my understanding and acceptance of this devastating situation and has given me freedom to accept myself and others as they open their hearts. 

Natalie and I have been busy looking for a baseball park to host our Fourth of July BBQ. We will be having a website on ALS TDI (the link is to the right). We will continue to keep you informed on our BBQ. 

Hope you are all having a great weekend. While Janice, who is the coordinator for Share the Care is on vacation, Marian has volunteered to fill her shoes during the time she is away. Hope you are having a great time Janice and thank you Marian!

Goodnight Bella! Goodnight Spike! Nana loves you!

Goodnight Glizza!

Goodnight Malia!

Goodnight Mikala and Emma!

Aloha, Vi

P.S. A Note from Natalie: Hi Web! I know that a lot of people have been asking how to post comments. So here again are some quick instructions how:

1) You'll first have to go to www.google.com
2) at the top right side of the page click "sign in." If you don't have a google account, you'll have to create one. You can use whatever email address you regularly use as your username.
3) After youve created an account, go to violetsweb.blogspot.com and select "follow this blog" on the bottom right side.
4) Now you should be able to post comments.

Vi loves reading all of your comments, so keep them coming! Also, please be sure to make Violets Web your home page so you can you can always stay up to date on what's happening. Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a positive end to your week. I can just imagine you smiling and laughing as everyone follows you around for your morning activities! smile. You are such a beauitful positive person. I love you and i really miss you. Isabella is so excited to see you. She finishes school friday and is continusouly practising her French song for International day. Be sure to ask her to sing it to you. Love you. Good night. I look forward to reading how your weekend was. Much love em&belxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ladies,
    I have no problem gabbing!! on your web :-) Just heard from Carol Murry in vanuatu with UNICEF and says she is experiencing earthquakes so bad she is nauseous. She did the Iman with Stote and does grant work in numerous spots and is doing an HIV/AIDs grant there. Stote just found out that he is going to be a grandfather of the first MALE in the family. The son wrestlers could only produce girls (which i think is great) but they will now have their boy to carry on the Farnham name. They are excited. Lori Y is planning on doing the Hibiscus 1/2 marathon next weekend. Hello to Nancy and Al.
    Take Care Miss Vi. peg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vi!!!
    Al and I enjoyed our time with you this weekend. It was so good to see you after so long a time. Thank you for teaching Al the importance of gentleness!!!!! We will be practicing lifting each other to gain our strength and agility, so no worries, if he can lift me he can lift anyone! We will send over my schedule probably tomorrow.
    Good night Vi.
    Love, Nancy and Al

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Vi,

    Showed mom your awesome Web and she loves it, seeing you, your family and friends. She says you have opened your heart with everyone to share about your illness and how you are doing. You have so much love, so much ALOHA. She looks forward to seeing you again. May God Bless You and continue to give you strength and courage. Take Care.

    Much Love Always,

    Cat & Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vi my dear BFF ~ Thank you Natalie for the instructions so I am finally on. And Thank you Natalie for doing the blog for Vi I feel like I am there with you and really enjoy knowing what Vi has been doing, love the pictures too!

    My inspirational message for today: Philippians 4:4,6,7 "Rejoic in the Lord always. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Amen
    Vi, you are in my prayers daily. Hope to visit again really soon.
    Love you so much, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vi, Jan, Natalie & Daniel!
    It was wonderful to see you all on Friday morning. Vi, you were a good sport to have all that extra commotion during your morning routine. I especially love the multi-tasking in the lua. I'm gonna try that! And I was surprised to learn that mornings don't start at noon. :) I was a bit disappointed however that I didn't get to see 'more' of Jan and his now infamous outside showers!!!! HA! Mahalo for sharing your time with me and hope that perhaps I can be of service at some point in the future. Aloha, lolo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aunty Vi!
    Wow! Mom told me about your Blog page and I had to check it out. Great to see you still up and about and loving the outdoors. I'll be checking it out often.
    Love,
    Randy Boy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vi,'

    So good to hear you had a wonderful weekend. Hope to spend some rehydration time this Thursday. I'm so glad you can enjoy the salt water soaks. See you for the big July 4th event, you need to add some running event to the baseball game. I remember you used to cream everyone on your 50 yard dashes, 100 yard dashes, ect... track events at HMA. I always thought being short could excuse me from running fast. no excuses. Elaine

    ReplyDelete