Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday!!!!

Hi folks! Well, I guess we're getting ready for the Fourth of July BBQ that marks the 70th Anniversary of Lou Gehrig's retirement from baseball after his diagnoses of ALS. Natalie and I have been busy coordinating this event. After calling many parks to find a location to hold this event and play softball, we finally found a park not in the Honolulu area as we would of liked, because they were all taken up by baseball! However, we will be having our BBQ at Kualoa Beach Park which will be beautiful and we'll have plenty of room to play softball! We even talked our local ALS Support Group to help us in hosting this event and we're looking forward to having alot of fun! On another note, we are looking for donations for food and beverages. If you know of anyone who can help us, please let us know.

It is pretty late and Natalie who has been with me all day, has to go home now. We'll blog tomorrow and fill you in on all that is happening this week. Never a dull moment! Thank you for your love and support. Talk to you tomorrow!

Goodnight Spike, goodnight Bella! Nana loves you!

Goodnight Glizza!

Aloha, Vi

2 comments:

  1. Dear Vi, Jan and beautiful family! I am just reading your blog for the first time. I actually archived since you started last April. I am absolutely happy that you have finally found your "voice" online.

    I am sorry, however, that I missed your "coming out" party - the first organizational one. I wish I were there and before that, in the prep... I have always wanted to help a family start one...this knowledge is invaluable in our group. There are others who will surely benefit from this. They will now have two - your family and kimi's - lived experiences of "share the care."

    I will try to follow your blog, hoping not only to extract the learning OF the experience but, more importantly, to be constantly reminded of the unfailing lessons of love and hope you, Jan and family embody.

    forever humbled, divina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriend! We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new little girl. Susan will deliver her on June 29 if she doesn't arrive sooner! Today I watered my tiny (2') birdsnest fern and thought of you and the beautiful, giant one outside your front door. How I long to be in your kitchen making a bouquet for you! I love you girl!! xoxox carol

    ReplyDelete