Friday, June 5, 2009

Blog 16: Aloha Thursday!


Glizza has been gone for 2 whole weeks today! Daniel and Natalie have been exceptional caregivers. So exceptional in fact that I have forgotten that it has been 2 weeks since Glizza left and Daniel reminded me today that he and Natalie have been with me for 2 weeks, not 1 like I thought. So, I guess we're having fun!


Today was swim day at Kaimana Beach. Punkin, Bill, Heidi, Natalie, Daniel and I enjoyed the beautiful ocean. We were having fun floating, exercising, and gibbering away. We came up with several reasons why swimming is therapy:

Reason 1: Breathing the fresh air
Reason 2: Being in the ocean
Reason 3: Being outdoors
Reason 4: Being with good company
Reason 5: Exercising to promote range of motion and to increase circulation
Reason 6: This is the only time I am not sitting on my bum

Speaking of buns, booties and bums, Punkin got the privilege of massaging my booty as I am constantly sitting on them and my booty, at times, causing more pain than you could imagine! Heidi is learning how to stand up paddle on Jeannie's old cloud board. Go Heidi! Also, I want to mention that I think the AVAP is really working because I was able to be in the water longer, talk more while in the water and have an easier time breathing.

Tomorrow, the agency's caregiver will be coming up to our house for part of the day to observe Natalie on my morning routine care.

We have volunteered to host a 4th of July BBQ/baseball game to raise money for ALS TDI (Therapy Development Institute - the link is to the right of this blog) and honor Lou Gehrig who has put a name and a face to this disease. ALS TDI has a goal to host a 4th of July BBQ in every state. This 4th of July marks the 70th anniversary of Lou Gehrig's retirement from baseball after being diagnosed with ALS. So, mark your calendars and watch for more info on our blog about this event. It will be a lot of fun and Hawaii will be represented. You can also go to the ALS TDI website for more information as well.

Malia and Spike have gone to California for a couple of weeks and we will miss Spike's cooing. So, we're thinking of you Malia and especially Spike!

My brother Al and sister-in-law Nancy will be coming to visit us this weekend. Al & Nancy have been very close to Jan and I and we have all gone to Bali together the last 4 years, shopping, surfing and eating! We're looking forward to seeing Al & Nancy. Oh, another important thing about Nancy is that she and her brother were diagnosed with breast cancer two summers ago. Nancy just completed and participated in a 39 mile walk in Massachusetts to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer. We love you Nancy (and Al too of course).

Goodnight Spike, Goodnight Bella! Nana loves you!

Good night Glizza!

Goodnight Y'all! I love you!

Aloha, Vi

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vi,

    Great Pictures!!! We'll see all of you this evening!! Hi Natalie and Daniel!!

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! Love the photos! emxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu guys are having 2 much fun!!! You all look great in the water--like poster girls (except for bill and daniel) Hope to see you soon-- i think i finally am over the flu...stote does the NS tri tomorrow. Love--peg and Stote

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wanna go swimming for sure! Stoked to hear the ventalator is working and not so uncomforatable to breath in now. Hope the agency person was a Glizza clone and wonderful. Have a fun weekend with Al and Nancy (Hi Al & Nancy!
    Love, Lorenn

    ReplyDelete